Hosting a dinner party can be tricky since you are basically hosting two different types of events at once. That being said, when you pull it off it can be a memorable event for everyone involved. Just keep these tips in mind and you will reduce some of the stress of hosting while helping your party to be a hit.
Five Tips to Hosting a Successful Art and Dinner Party
- Let the theme of the artwork guide your menu. If you’re hoping to create a menu your guests won’t forget, this is one way to do it. Are you showing a collection of Italian renaissance works? Consider serving an Italian menu.
- When planning your menu at an art viewing party, stick with foods that attendees can carry as they browse the artwork. Small bites and finger foods work well in this situation.
- Consider hiring a caterer. If you feel you don’t have the time to cook and to ensure that the food will be hot and ready when your guests are ready to eat, hire someone who can take care of that. You’ll be able to focus on the rest of your party.
- Plan your guest list with care. Consider your reasons for hosting this party – are you looking to increase interest in collection pieces that you want to sell? If that’s the case, determine your guest list by considering your friends’ tastes in art.
- Allow guests to take their time. A relaxed atmosphere while guests are eating and while they browse the artwork helps to create a memorable event.
Museo Vault’s brunch and dinner party services offer an opportunity to view artwork in a setting specifically designed for the artwork itself. Attendees can eat and drink while touring the storage facility, and very often enjoy learning about the facility or talking art with our knowledgeable staff. For more information on our offerings related to parties and fine art storage, contact us today.
Image by : emdot
Late summer into winter can lead to crazy weather patterns in the Miami area. For art collectors, museums and gallery owners, these patterns lead to specific concerns about caring for artwork in their possession.
Whether you’re storing precious paintings, sculptures or even woodcraft creations, the threat of damage due to hurricanes can seriously impact your collection. If a storage unit isn’t strong enough or well-suited to withstand the intensity of this type of storm, you could suffer serious financial loss.
If you plan to be travelling during hurricane season, then it’s a good idea to use seasonal storage to keep your pieces safe. Here are a few reasons why you should consider storing artwork in a storage
facility that features seasonal hurricane-proof art storage in Miami.
- It has been projected that insurance companies had to pay out more than $500 million for artwork damaged by Superstorm Sandy. This ended up being one of the largest insurance payouts for fine art damage in history, which could have been prevented if more of the people involved had an emergency plan in place for their collection.
- In 2012, Tropical Storm Isaac wrought havoc on the Miami area and caused more than $72 million in damage, according to Palm Beach County officials.
- Some facilities in Miami have hurricane contingency programs and are built with those plans in mind. Look for a facility that is built to exceed insurance standards with fire suppression, backup power and humidity control. Not only that, but they can help you to pack your items, transport them to the storage location and load them into a hurricane-protected storage unit in the event of an emergency.
Museo Vault offers seasonal art storage in Miami and can help to dispel fears of collection damage due to storms. Contact Museo Vault today to learn more about their services and options.
Image by : miamiartreviews
Whether your art collection is large and varied or you’re just starting to amass a variety of paintings, it’s a great idea to know exactly what’s in your collection, how much it’s worth, and where each piece is at any given moment. Proper art collection management takes time, something that many people just don’t have. There are many details to keep straight and a lot of work to do to care for growing collections – that’s why it’s often easier to turn the collection management duties over to a professional who is well-versed in those details.
When you’re finding storage for paintings you’ve collected, you’ll want to have someone knowledgeable by your side. There are multiple benefits to turning over the collection management duties to a professional.
Three Benefits to Having Your Collection Professionally Managed
- Collection management gives you a clear picture of what is in your collection. These professionals can help you create a plan for other pieces that you hope to acquire to complete your collection. Some companies offer secure online access to your art collection’s records.
- Professional collection managers create detailed records.Services that manage painting and art collections regularly create condition reports – lists of items and descriptions of current conditions. They keep records of how the value of these items appreciate or depreciate in value as well.
- Collection managers create comprehensive inventories.Whether you want documentation on your first few pieces or you have a large collection of paintings, professional collection management personnel create inventory lists and update them regularly. These inventories often include photographs of items you’ve added to your collection, at the time you’ve added them as well as over the years, with updated photographs and descriptions.
When you’re looking for storage for paintings and collection management services, the professionals at Museo Vault can help you to keep up-to-date and thorough records to build your collection.
Image By : martin pettitt